Male Fertility Preservation
Cryopreservation is indicated for men who wish to preserve a semen sample in case they might want to become fathers in the future but may not be able to do so naturally.
Causes Preservation Male Fertility
There may be various reasons for resorting to this technique:
- Before having a vasectomy.
- Before undergoing a hormonal treatment.
- Before undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatments (cancer patients).
- Patients who are unable to be present on the day of their partner’s egg retrieval during an IVF treatment.
- When the male partner has difficulties collecting a semen sample, the existence of a frozen one may bring peace of mind.
Marbella Male Fertility Preservation Procedure
Cryopreservation consists of placing the semen sample in contact with a cryoprotectant – a substance that safeguards the integrity of the spermatozoa during the procedure. Preserved samples are kept in liquid nitrogen at extremely low temperature (-196ºC).
Semen samples may be preserved indefinitely, or until the male decides to complete his reproductive desire.
Hospital Ochoa’s sperm bank is periodically checked and interested parties will be notified every 12 months to renew their sample preservation.
It is advised that the male abstain from intercourse/masturbation for between 2 and 5 days prior to the production of the sample.
A series of tests must be carried out within 6 months prior to cryopreservation:
- CYTOMEGALOVIRUS IgG/IgM
- ANTI HIV ANTIBODIES
- HEPATITIS B MARKERS
- HEPATITIS C ANTIBODIES
- VDRL – TPHA
- Sars-cov-2 virus (PCR, IgG and IgM) (until further indication)
Price Preservation Male Fertility Marbella
OCHOA IVF wants to make your treatment easier
in all the senses.
Make an appointment, the initial medical consultation is free.
Learn about the financing conditions.